Derek Lee Goodreid
Derek Lee Goodreid began his songwriting in his twenties as a confessional exploring his own battle with PTSD, anxiety and depression with punk acoustic influences. After moving to Norway for love Derek’s music and lyrics evolved influenced now by Jeff Buckley, Johnny Cash and Robert Johnson. Derek’s blues inspired rockabilly won his newly formed band, Howling Light, a place to compete at Notodden Blues Festival and several festival gigs in Norway and established venues such as Cafe Mono and Buckley’s Blues and Roots Bar. Since then Derek has released four solo albums and has returned to his home town of Perth Western Australia. He continues to write, record and perform his own special brand of Americana Blues and Rock with his howling vocals
red, hot rocking guitar and heart of gold.
- 31 Oct2020Tattoos, Blues & Nothing Left To Lose Album LaunchWorldwide ReleaseGet your fill of dirty blues and soulful tunes.
- 15 May2020How I Wish Single LaunchWorldwide ReleaseA soulful tune from my forthcoming album.
- 9 Jan2020Beaufort St Songwriters ClubGrumpys Bar$5.00 Door Entry
- 7 Jan2020Perth Blues Club (Supporting Sugarcane)Charles St Hotel Perth$22.44
- 10 Oct2019Sonar FremantleSonar FremantleFree EntryFree Entry